Photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket   Photobucket

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thankful Thursday • Breathing Room

This past Monday was the Christmas in July open house that I participated in where I introduced my product line in public for the first time.  We had a good turn out, and it was fun with Amy's cute Christmas decorations she brought out just for the event.  She even had a snowman out on the front porch to greet the guests as they arrived.

I had been working feverishly trying to get enough samples made for the open house, and any of you who have or have had a little one (mine is 11 months old) know how little can get done with a little sweetheart vying for your attention!  Our sweetie is a night owl, too.  She doesn't go to bed until between 9:00-10:00pm, so over the last week and a half I had been staying up until at least midnight trying to create everything I had envisioned in my head and getting up early to give myself at least an hour or so to create before she woke up.  Then I would go to work for 5 hours, and thankfully my sister was sweet enough to stay a couple hours after I got home to play with Stella while I worked some more.

Thankfully, I was able to get a variety of different samples made to show everyone.  I even made one last flower about an hour before the open house!  It was good to be able to give everyone a variety to choose from, and since they were only available by pre-order only, each of my customers could customize their flowers if they wanted.  It was fun to show people different color and style combinations that I could make for them.  I felt like a design consultant!

I am very thankful for all my friends and new customers who came out to support my new venture.   Thanks to them, I get to place my order tomorrow for my custom magnetic snaps that will have "Snappee Turtle" engraved on them.   They won't come in for a month, so I will have more time to get my pre-orders done, so that once they come in, I'll just have to install the snaps and they will be ready to be delivered!

Achievement through working under pressure has always been me, but it isn't necessarily the best or healthiest when it comes to the amount of mental stress I put my body through.  It doesn't help that I tend to be a perfectionist when it comes to my artwork and the expectations I put on myself either.  After these past couple weeks, I am looking forward to achieving balance with this new venture, remembering to keep my priorities in check.  It's easy for me to get so excited about something that it's all I think or talk about.

On this Thankful Thursday, I am thankful for breathing room.  I will work on my orders at a steady pace without neglecting the 3 most important things in my life:  Jesus, Chris and Stella.  This is all new to me (actually putting a creative business into action), and I know it's a balance that I'll figure out.  I'm already learning quite a bit right off the get go, and I am glad I have a hubby who will hold me accountable and keep my perspective where it needs to be!

What is it that you have a hard time balancing in your life?

Thanks for reading,

Eva

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave me a comment! I LOVE your feedback!!