Photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket   Photobucket

Friday, July 29, 2011

Feature Friday • Turtle Treasure

The other day I was searching the trademark database and found there were a few registered with "turtle treasure" in the name.  There was "Turtle Treasure," "Turtle Treasures," and "Turtle's Treasure's."  The only one that was still live was the first one, so I decided to plug it in to see if it had a domain name to check out what it was.  I'm not sure why I hadn't done that before, but I came across something pretty cool!

There is an artist, bj Mohrbacher, who searches the shores of Lake Erie for beach glass and pretty pebbles and rocks.  She then uses her findings to make the shells of these fun and unique sand turtles!  So creative!  I just love these!

Each turtle is named, and when one is purchased, it is actually "adopted!"  It's like you are rescuing a turtle.  So sweet!

I love how this one is a candle holder!
 bj Mohrbacher

 This little guy is so cute.   He's already been adopted, though.
Second Chance
bj Mohrbacher


I absolutely love the concept of this next one. 
Know, no matter if you feel like a wreck, God has a purpose for your life.
"Pieced Together Right"
by Mohrbacher
You can check out the rest of her turtles at her Turtle Treasures Facebook page or on her website at www.turtletreasure.com.   You might even learn something from her website, like:  "Turtle Fact: Turtles need Vitamin D just like we do.  That is one of the reasons they get out on a log to  “sun” themselves!"

Thanks for checking out our Feature Friday!

Eva

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave me a comment! I LOVE your feedback!!