Photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket   Photobucket

Friday, September 2, 2011

Fab Idea Friday • Versatile Blogger Award

To my surprise, I received an email notification that Melanie from Bear Rabbit Bear had left me a comment on one of my blog posts.  She said that she had nominated my blog for the Versatile Blogger Award.  Cool!  I have only been blogging a little over a month now, so it's been fun to have been nominated!

I had no idea what this award was, so I started searching the internet to see if there was an official site or something.  All I could find were numerous blog posts about other bloggers who were also nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by someone else.

Photobucket

I wondered if it was like some sort of chain letter, which I would usually disregard...but I think this is a great concept!  It's such a fun idea to build blogger camaraderie.  A way to share the love, pay it forward and promote one another, so to speak.  Besides, there is so much crafty goodness out in blog land, so why not share some more with you all!  So here is how it works...

Rules to accept the award:

    1.  Thank the person who gave it to you and link back to them in your post.
    2.  Share 7 things about yourself.
    3.  Nominate 15 blogs you have recently discovered.

I thanked Melanie right away the other day, but I am just now finally getting to post this and share the love.

Seven Things about Me
  1. I love Jesus!  Words can't even describe.
  2. I adore my husband and sweet little daughter, my family & my friends...and our 3 furry friends.
  3. I love coffee....with flavored creamer.  I used to put in an additional 4-8 packets of sugar (which is why my dad calls them liquid candy bars) until I had gestational diabetes with my pregnancy and converted to Splenda.  Now I just do the flavored creamer, no sugar or Splenda.  
  4. I also love Cherry Coke, but it has to be the Coca Cola Cherry Coke...none of that grenadine stuff or any other Cherry flavored pop.  (Yes, I call it pop...not soda...and I only call a Coke a coke.  I don't consider Mountain Dew a coke).  -That's for all my "southern" friends.  I'm originally from "the Region," the northwest corner of Indiana, and apparently we say things weird.
  5. I can only draw if I look at something and can pretty much draw it exactly how it looks.  For example, if I just try to think of something (like an elephant) in my head, it would not turn out nearly as good as if I was looking at an elephant.  
  6. My husband and I love to do jigsaw puzzles (we've been collecting the Tooniverse puzzles by Steve Skelton for about 5 years now).  It's usually a winter month kinda thing we do.  We do play Euchre with friends about once a week pretty consistently.
  7. I love to play sports...soccer, basketball, volleyball, softball, ping pong, you name it!  Fastpitch softball was my love, but I've come to love coed slow pitch because it's been my only option...I still slap hit, even in slow pitch...ha!  Itching to play this spring, since our team has taken a 2 year sabbatical since almost all the women on the team started having babies!
Before I chose my 15 blogs to nominate, I looked up Merriam-Webster's definition of "versatile."  It says:

Definition of VERSATILE

1
: changing or fluctuating readily : variable <a versatiledisposition>
2
: embracing a variety of subjects, fields, or skills; also :turning with ease from one thing to another
3
(1) : capable of turning forward or backward : reversible<a versatile toe of a bird> (2) : capable of moving laterally and up and down <versatile antennae>b of an anther : having the filaments attached at or near the middle so as to swing freely
4
: having many uses or applications <versatile building material>

So here is my list of 15 recently discovered versatile blogs:


The list is in order of blogs I have most recently discovered beginning with the newest blogs first.  They are all great craft blogs that I have come across through linky parties or Pinterest, but the last one is a friend's craft blog that I've bee following a while ;)
  1. Live.Laugh.Rowe
  2. Yellow Me Daisy
  3. Blue Velvet Chair
  4. Rhinestone Beagle
  5. The Jaderbomb Blog
  6. Lil Pink Pocket
  7. A Content Housewife
  8. Seasons with the Sewells
  9. Funky Faith Girl
  10. Candace Creations
  11. La-Dee-Da Creations
  12. Hungry Happenings
  13. The Ivy Cottage
  14. Thrifty Decorating
  15. Amy Cornwell Designs  
...so check out these versatile bloggers, and enjoy!!

On another note, while I was over at Bear Rabbit Bear, I noticed that she included my "Star Themed Party" in her collection of party ideas.  Check out her blog, because she has a bunch of different party theme ideas among other crafty fun tutorials for kids and teens!

Hope you all have a Fab Friday!


Eva

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave me a comment! I LOVE your feedback!!